6 habits that cause INFERTILITY in MEN
Infertility is a major issue troubling hundreds of individuals worldwide. In fact, it is one of the major contributing factors of stress that people suffer from in this ever changing world. When in reality, the habits that may give rise to risk of infertility are really not that difficult to recognize.
The most common and recognizable causes of infertility in males are:
- Low sperm count
- Poor sperm quality
- Low sex drive
- Low testosterone levels
- Hormonal imbalance
- Difficulty ejaculating
- Low semen volume
- Erectile dysfunction
- Swelling or lump in testicular area
- Old age
The modern world has brought with it a revolution in all aspects and because of this, the younger generation is living a “luxury” lifestyle that might lower their fertility rates. Some of the very common habits that are slowly lowering fertility are:
- Smoking cigarettes: Smoking causes a lot more damage than just cancer. It leads to stress in the body that gives rise to formation of free radicals, causing damage to not only the cells of the body but also disrupts its overall functioning. Active smokers have high amount of free radicals in their body which lowers their sperm count.
- Alcohol consumption: Be it regular drinking or occasional, alcohol consumption has a lot of negative impacts on the body like kidney and liver problems, lower testosterone levels, erectile dysfunction, and decreased sperm production. Certain liver diseases caused due to alcohol consumption may also lead to fertility issues in the long run.
- Obesity: The sedentary lifestyle in combination with recently imposed lockdowns due to the pandemic has made everyone gain those few extra kilos. But this weight gain can take a bad turn as it may bring with it a number of health issues, infertility being one of them. Obesity decreases the sperm count and causes an imbalance in the male reproductive hormones that in turn reduce male fertility.
- Being exposed to toxins: We are surrounded by a lot of toxins present in the environment, food, water, everywhere! Exposure to certain chemicals like pesticides, insecticides, herbicides, industry chemicals, organic solvents and painting material may cause reduction in the sperm count. Exposure to lead and other heavy metals may also cause infertility issues. Proper protection and hygienic habits can help in avoiding this one to some extent.
- Overheating the testicles: This is one of the biggest issue which very few are aware of. Overheating the testicles decreases the sperm production and their storage in the testicles. Hot baths, saunas may have this effect on males temporarily, however, certain individuals like bakers, truck drivers, and others who are constantly in contact with high heat in their profession have a decreased sperm count that increases their risk of being infertile. The pandemic made everyone work-from-home, in which working for long hours sitting in one place with laptops on laps was a common thing. But this habit must stop as it is lowering the sperm count due to overheating of the testicular area in men.
- Over exercising: Over exercising and excessive weight training may also cause a dip in the male fertility by increasing the testosterone hormone levels beyond normal. In case of high intense workout training, the amount of testosterone boosting supplements consumed should be in acceptable limit, as extremely low as well as extremely high testosterone levels negatively impact male fertility. For efficient fertility it is necessary for testosterone hormones to be in normal levels.
Some of the other factors that contribute to lower fertility in men:
- Family history: In men who have a history of infertility in their immediate or distant family increases the chances of them being infertile. However, these cases are very rare.
- Medical history: People having medical history of diabetes, varicocele, undescended testicles, tumors, chromosomal defects, celiac disease, certain infections and prior surgeries increase the risk of infertility in males.
- Medications: Some medications like hormone replacement therapy, cancer medications, ulcerative drugs, chemotherapy, steroid drug use, arthritis drugs and other medication may reduce sperm production significantly leading to infertility.
While medication, medical and family history of infertility is difficult to manage, it is possible to avoid the rest of the issues mentioned above by following a healthy lifestyle.
To deal with this serious issue, experts at Nutralogicx have developed Lyber, male fertility supplement.
Lyber is a male fertility supplement that consists of best vitamins, minerals and antioxidants for promoting male fertility. This powerful combination of antioxidants acts as the best testosterone booster in males, prevents erectile dysfunction and thus helps in improving the male fertility.
Couples who wish to start a family but are affected by male infertility can benefit the most from Lyber. It is meant to improve sperm concentration, motility and morphology. It is also effective in decreasing erectile dysfunction, increasing testosterone levels, which in turn improves stamina, vigour, energy levels and strength.